Sunday 7 February 2016

Managing exam stress

Hello lovelies.
Today I have decided to talk about managing  with exam stress. This is something I have wanted to talk about for a long time. So I am going to do it.
Chances are if you're reading this you may be struggling with exam stress, or you may just want to read it for future reference! Either way, high five darling! We're in this together! This is also something I find difficult to manage nevertheless, I am going to give you my tips on managing!

My tips on managing exam stress:

Relax. Everything is going to be okay! Try to prevent panicking! Yes that sounds so much easier than done! For me, I have to do things that relaxes and motivates me. Nothing is worse than trying to study when you're freaking out. Finding something that relaxes and motivates you will calm you down and make it easier to study. For me I listen to classical music, and go for a run or workout! Or I read quotes which in return motivate me to study. 



Positivity. This is probably one of the hardest things especially when you're trying to study a subject you don't like or a subject you don't think you're good at it. For me this is basically every subject haha.
The ones I find really difficult are maths, business, science, Irish, French, Geography. Basically everything, so when I'm studying sometimes I will say something like "Even if I do study, I'm still going to fail anyway" This is one of the worst things you can do! Please don't do this. It doesn't help. Instead maybe say something like "I find this subject difficult, but at least I'm trying and that's what matters".

Study Environment. This is definitely something that can change alot! For me, my environment has to be clean! If it's not I won't be able to concentrate, I'll just be focusing on the clutter. I like to study in my room and sometimes outside (if the weather is nice, just to change it up a little). So make your study environment the way you want.

Eliminate distractions. By this I mean taking away anything that could easily distract you! For example your phone. Having your phone in your room connected to the wifi or not while trying to study can be disastrous. I'm the worst for this, I'll unconnect my phone from the wifi and within fifteen minutes of studying I'll already be checking how many likes my instagram picture got. Don't pretend that you don't know what I mean. Eliminate the distractions that distract you.

Believe in yourself. As the quote says "Believe in yourself and you're already halfway there". This is one of my all time favourite quotes. I think it's so easy to forget to believe in yourself. Out of everything I said this is the most important thing. You got this. Aswell as this being the most important thing it is also one of the most difficult things, there will be things that knock your confidence, but without that challenge none of us would be where we are today. 

I hope these helped, and remember that at the end of the day your grades do not define you. 
 
Lots of love, 
                      Fiona x

No comments:

Post a Comment